Saturday, November 19, 2016

Inspiring Artists | Britt Dunbar

With bold colours, striking compositions and satisfying brush strokes, Britt Dunbar's life sized works have the power to enrapture. An award winning Western Australian artist, Britt paints her surrounds and brings stunning vivacity to her depictions of still life and landscapes.

When I volunteered for and saw this year's Artist Open House Fremantle, I was transfixed by Dunbar's work. I was awash with a wave of emotion, the same kind I felt when tears began to prick behind my eyes and my chest started to swell seeing Monet's works in the flesh at the Musee d'Orsay. It was a feeling of joy at pure beauty and talent; and what a privilege that such talent exists in and has emerged out of the place I call home.

Images sourced from Artist Open House website

Latest Instagrams

© Windswept Wishes. Design by Fearne.