Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wonderful Wednesday 05

It has to be said: how crazy is it that we're entering the final month of 2016?! The year started off quite slowly and then just went full speed ahead from June onward. I have no doubt in my mind that these final few weeks will also go by in a flash which, to me, seems an even better reason than any to continue 'Wonderful Wednesday' each week so everything doesn't just become one big blur.

Here are some Wonderful things from the past week
Picking up my brother from the airport My brother and his girlfriend are now home after a whirlwind six weeks spent traveling around Europe. It's kind of weird in a way that he's back, because I don't see him all that often at the best of times. The other day I caught myself wondering what he was getting up to overseas...only to remember he's home. It's just nice knowing he's safe and we can plan a proper catch up, hopefully in the near future! I can't wait to see all his travel photos.

Laughing with my sister I feel so lucky to not only get on with my brother, but to have an even stronger bond with my sister. Life has been stressful for us both of late, especially for her as she's had exams to battle with. While it may seem silly, I love nothing more than getting into hysterics over silly memes with her and performing duets of High School Musical, Hairspray and Chainsmokers' numbers.

Chai almond butter I made this the other day following the recipe from 26 Grains and holy moly, it is just about the most delicious condiment that has ever graced my taste buds. I've been eating it out of the jar, on toast, with fruit and am envisioning it on top of pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup. It is just so damn good.

People in general There's been a countless number of instances lately in which people have been approaching me and saying 'you look familiar'. In each instance, I discovered these people used to frequent the cafe I worked at throughout university. Each person I've come across would always have such lovely things to say about how they really valued the service I gave. It really warmed my heart to know that I could positively affect the people I've come across without even knowing it. It has really helped to perk me up too over periods in which I've felt particularly down. A little kindness goes a long way and I feel more inspired than ever to do my best to make someone's day better.

Perth Upmarket I spent Sunday perusing local businesses with a good friend of mine, feasting on artisan marshmallows and perfectly brewed honey chai. It really got me into the festive mood and I look forward to attending more Christmas markets in December.

 What Wonderful Things have happened to you the past week?

  *Image taken at a new concept store/cafe in Fremantle (aka my fave place)

Latest Instagrams

© Windswept Wishes. Design by Fearne.