Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wonderful Wednesday 09

I really let Wonderful Wednesday fall to the wayside the past few weeks, but I'm keen to get it back up and running! This is the first Wonderful Wednesday of 2017 and thinking about it, 2017 has been pretty darn good so far. Let's hope it continues as such!

Here are some wonderful things...

Walks along the beach. We've had a spate of hot days lately so escaping to the beach for an hour or so is such a treat. Even just strolling along the shores and letting the waves kiss my ankles is enough to cool me down. I feel so lucky to have it all on my doorstep and really hope frequent beach trips continue.
Lazy evenings spent reading in my room. The featured photo was taken on a particularly blissful evening spent reading The Lesser Bohemians while the light of the setting sun filtered through my window. As hot as it can get this time of year, it's all worth it for relaxed balmy evenings.

Winning a year worth of Stack. This happened just before 2017 rolled around, but I thought it was worthy of a mention. Stack is a magazine subscription service which delivers independent magazines to your door once a month. The catch is that you don't know what the magazine will be until you open it yourself. Being magazine obsessive, I had my eyes on Stack for ages and kept thinking I would justify splurging on a subscription once I got a proper job. Winning a year long subscription is the most wonderful treat for the New Year and it means I'll always have something to look forward to. I'm also excited to review each issue on here, so keep an eye out for that.

Summer fruits. All I can say is that I am eating peaches and raspberries as if my life depended on it at the moment! Summer fruits are my absolute favourites and are made even better mixed together as a salad.

Catching up with friends. As ever, this is always a wonderful thing. January is always busy with social happenings with everyone on break from University. 

My Bullet Journal. After months of planning and testing on scrap pieces of paper, I decided to invest in a coveted Leuchtturm1917 journal and commit to bullet journalling. Verdict? NO REGRETS! I feel so much more organised having everything in one notebook while also having a creative outlet. Drawing up my weekly spreads has become one of my favourite things to do as it provides a much needed moment of calm and focus when life gets stressful. I'll be sure to post a bullet journal overview and how I'm managing it as a beginner soon for anyone else who may be interested. 

Get an added dose of wonderfulness with other ‘Wonderful Wednesdays’ posts found all over the bloggersphere. Check out creator of 'Wonderful Wednesday' Sally Tangle along with posts by Jo, Helen,Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Cat, Sam, ElKerri, Jasmin and Lynsey.

Latest Instagrams

© Windswept Wishes. Design by Fearne.