Wednesday, October 23, 2013

When tea time calls, you'll find me at Maddison's Cottage

Once again, I found myself gallivanting out of the suburbs to have morning tea. I had been meaning to visit Maddison's Cottage way back in April whilst on a similar day trip in the Swan Valley/Guildford township. I had been looking forward all week to this day, and I had high expectations, which can sometimes lead to disappointments. Thankfully, though, I was not in the least bit let down by my visit! Maddison's Cottage was certainly a sight to behold, with the food and atmosphere delighting the senses.

This cafe is like a country cottage dream come true; it's as if it was lifted straight off the pages of Country Style magazine! Along with the furnishing and a room filled with an array of shabby chic gifts, other little details were truly a delight. Walking inside, I immediately heard French music playing softly in the background, along with a clattering of plates and the gurgling of the coffee machine, with wonderful coffee aromas filling up the quaint establishment. 

The cakes counter had a lot on offer, including freshly baked scones, ginger slice, apple, walnut and toffee cake and a 'super moist chocolate cake', which I ended up ordering after much indecision. The cake definitely lived up to its name; it was very moist, with an almost fudge like consistency, but not too rich; aka perfect for a morning treat.

 There are also a variety of drinks on offer, including an extensive range of T2 teas. I usually just opt for the good 'ol English Breakfast, but I thought this choice would be a wasted opportunity, so I decided to try a pot of Melbourne Breakfast. The Melbourne breakfast is described as a black tea with notes of vanilla and honey, but I even caught a hint of chocolate. It is quite an aromatic blend, without being too overpowering.

If I didn't have a strict time limit, I could have easily spent more than an hour in Maddison's, drinking my way through various tea blends and eating my way through the home baked sweet treats. However, my experience only leaves me looking forward to my next trip, and learning that they provide High Tea's has planted an idea in my mind of how I could celebrate my birthday next year!
Maddison Cottage on Urbanspoon
After morning tea, I also chanced upon a shop which specializes in imported Dutch products. My grandfather is Dutch, so it was exciting for my mum and I to come across a lot of the sweet treats he mentioned eating in his youth. Inside, walls are lined with jars of mints and lollies, shelves are stacked with iconic favourites such as Stroopwafels (syrup waffles), speculaas (spiced biscuits) and Deruyter (sprinkles) along with a whole range of other treats that I had never previously come across or known. We ended up coming home with a bag filled to the brim with goodies, with my share including some cocoa and Hazelnut spread consisting of both milk and white chocolate. I cannot wait to give them a try!

18 comments:

  1. That tea room is so cute! You would love the cute tea rooms we have in Britain ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wanting to go to England for ages! I think I would be overwhelmed by the gorgeous tea rooms there haha

      Delete
  2. I love it <3

    amelieslittlesecrets.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, i believe i just stepped into my dreams! i would give so much just to have tea there!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love it so much! It really is a dream

      Delete
  4. great photos!

    www.heymarsya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful place! I love tea rooms so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It honestly looks like the most picturesque tea room ever! I love the miniature bunting so much!

    xo
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I love it! ^^ You have a nice blog, mind to follow each other? :)



    BLOG | TWITTER | ASK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. these pictures are gorgeous! all those treats look amazing
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures, these sorts of places are where I want to spend all my time. Although, I don't actually like tea so I think I am a failure.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  12. such an adorable place for tea <3 love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful place. Lovely photos - and blog, so glad to have stumbled across it! X

    polkadotsandpinafores.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. How charming is this little tea house! Oh my I bet your tea tasted extra lovely!
    XO's Paige

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW this place is the cutest place ever such an adorable spot!

    http://www.farfelue.com/

    ReplyDelete